The story of Meron began in 2015, when a team of investors from Cluj created a unique concept for a café in Romania, with the intention to expand as a large franchise system franchise. Meron currently boasts 19 outlets operating in Romania and plans to expand internationally as a franchise coffee chain.
The concept comes from the Greek word "Meron," which means "days." With a minimalist style that plays on lighting and geometric designs, the café aims to be a symbol of artisanal craft, from the cups to the product, to the space itself. The goal? To provide customers with a fully immersive specialty coffee experience.
According to Business Wire, the worldwide coffee market was valued at over 102 billion dollars in 2020, and it is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.28% between 2021 and 2026. Meron is the biggest network of specialty coffee shops in Romania and one of the most established Romanian brands on the market. Crina Ciocian, franchise manager of Meron elaborates the company's mission. “Our goal is to promote the highest standards of quality in the coffee industry.”
Meron purchases batches of coffee beans directly from farmers. The coffee is then freshly roasted in the Meron Roastery in Cluj-Napoca, Transylvania, where the unique qualities of each coffee bean are highlighted to their maximum potential. As a consequence, the amusing tagline - Freshly Roasted in Transylvania - was born. "Our love of excellent coffee is shared by the farmers who meticulously monitor and manage the growing, harvesting, and processing stages of the coffee beans," says Mr Ciocian.
Meron seeks international entrepreneurs with a positive mindset and strong leadership qualities. They should also possess the ability to inspire, encourage, and guide their team toward a shared goal. Good communication skills are required, as well as a strong drive and self-management abilities. As a franchisee, they must also adhere to the franchisor's policies, systems and processes.
SUPPORT FOR FRANCHISEES
- Site selection assistance.
- Support in interior design.
- Profitability simulations.
- Financial business strategy.
- Equipment and utensils for bar/kitchen.
- Continuous employee training support.
- Marketing procedures support.
- Audit system - ongoing activities.
- Management and sales system (own management panel).
- Franchise manual (working procedures, recipes, menus, bonus system for the employee evaluation, etc).
BASIC REQUIREMENTS OF THE CONCEPT
A highly successful franchisee should have, but not necessarily:
- The capacity to inspire, encourage, and guide others toward a shared purpose.
- Excellent communication abilities.
- The capacity to adhere to systems and processes, as well as follow procedures.
- Persistence that comes from being extremely self-motivated and inner-directed.
- A passion for coffee and a desire to understand all there is to know about it.
EXPECTED TOTAL INVESTMENT
- EUR 100,000 - 120,000.
- Investment from: EUR 100,000.
- Negotiable service fee.
- Marketing Fee: Depends on the country of operation.
Franchising.eu talked to Rafał Kościuk, the co-founder of “Fit Cake” about the franchise’s expansion across Europe.
Polish Fit Cake brand is expanding internationally offering a franchise that’s capitalizing on a fast growing sugar free market.
Chocafe is a Czech franchise inspired by Belgian chocolate which has opened up an outlet in Bangkok.
Crazy Bubble is cashing in on the bubble tea craze with the young flocking to its approach.
- If you want to be the best, you have to have all the best knowledge and practice - says Managing Partner and Head of Business Development for Meron, Crina Ciocian.
The fast-food restaurant chains $1 billion international expansion plan
Dnipro-M is a dynamic chain of stores specializing in power tools, expanding through the franchise model. What sets it apart from the competition?
The idea of tapping into new global markets is financially appealing to any ambitious business owner.
A franchise package, otherwise known as a franchise license is at the heart of every franchise system. It contains the franchisors complete business concept from A to Z.
Thinking of franchising in the European Union? Find out exactly who regulates franchising in the world’s biggest single market.