Snap-on to this business
Snap-on are the industry specialists of choice for the modern mechanic – a badge they’ve worn proudly for over 100 years. As well as designing and manufacturing great high-end tools and equipment for use in the transportation industry, they have proven themselves to be a great franchise business opportunity.
Snap-on Tools were established in the US in 1920, by Joseph Johnson and William Seidemann. Originally, the business manufactured and marketed ten sockets that would “snap-on” to five interchangeable handles, and ran with the slogan “5 do the work of 50.” In the 1930’s, the company’s headquarters moved to Kenosha, Wisconsin – where they turned into a $3.7 billion, S&P 500 company.
Snap-on launched in the UK in 1965 with its first office in Kettering, Northamptonshire. A little over a decade later, they had 100 UK franchisees operating from four branches. Today there are over four hundred franchisees in the UK and Ireland, and over 4,000 branches across the world.
Snap-on derives income from various financing programs to facilitate the sales of its products and support its franchise business. Products and services are sold through the company’s franchisee, company-direct, distributor and internet channels.
According to the company, “There’s no limit to what you can achieve as a Snap-on franchisee.” Whether you want to be a ‘one-man van’ operation or you want to develop a multi-van, multi-territory operation, the company is known for giving franchisee’s all the support and guidance you need to achieve your goals.
Franchise owner of Snap-on Tool in UK's Cornwall region, Adam Callis, says that, “Snap-on is the best company I’ve ever worked with. I don’t feel like I’m on my own even though I’m out running the business on my own day-to-day. I enjoy working with Snap-on and they’re a great team of people.”
Snap-on’s franchise package system includes everything you need to successfully launch and run your very own business. For example, a new UK franchisee will get on top of their starter stock and operations manuals; a training week in Dallas, Texas; a UK head office training program; dedicated support team; an exclusive and protected territory, advanced sales and stock IT system; and continuous training and support including monthly franchisee forums, annual conferences and workshops.
Snap-on have a global franchise network make up for more than 4,300 franchises. In the UK and Ireland, they currently have over 430 franchisees. Snap-on can be found across Europe from Albania to the Ukraine.
SUPPORT FOR THE FRANCHISE
Training starts with ten days of classroom-style training where you will learn how to run a successful Snap-on franchise:
- Product knowledge and application: getting comfortable with their most popular tools
- Marketing and merchandising: how to build great deals and showcase your stock
- Salesmanship: they work on a proven ‘features and benefits’ approach to sales
- Credit selling: helping your customer structure their purchases for long term benefits
- Customer service and management: how to create and keep happy customers
- Business administration: behind the scenes work that keeps the wheels turning
- Basic accounts: cash collection and banking processes that are as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Computer training: getting you up to speed on your sales and stock systems
Snap-on is that committed to making sure you have the best possible start to building your business, your one-to-one training continues with your dedicated Franchise Developer who will ride with you for your first four weeks.
This support includes:
- Annual conference and Tool Show – training, networking and entertainment for you and your family
- Dedicated Franchise Developer for your first four weeks
- National marketing strategy and promotional materials delivered fortnightly
- An additional 31 days of on-van support
- Dedicated Franchise Developer for your first four weeks
- Dedicated Sales Developer for life
- Head office telephone support line through to all departments
- National Franchisee Advisory Council – have your say on important topics
- Monthly franchisee forums for training, new product launches and sharing ideas
- Head office telephone support line
BASIC NETWORK REQUIREMENTS
Fortunately for new franchisees, you don’t need automotive experience to start your own Snap-on business. It’s all comes down to attitude. Snap-on are looking for people who have great people skills and the ability to really build relationships with potential customers. They expect you to be dedicated and willing to put real effort. But as previously covered, so long as you have a good attitude and motivation, Snap-on will teach and support you with all you need to build a profitable, rewarding business.
- Minimum Investment: £11,588
- Average franchisee sales of over £6-7k per week
- No royalties to pay - you get to keep 100% of your profits
- The company also offers a payment break for the first three months to help you get on your feet and make your business a success
13+ Billion USD Concluded Agreements and 145,000 Visitors.
Aquababies Global trains you how to run your own successful swim school.
This year LEAP launches and investment rounds exceeded more than USD 9 Billion in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Subway, one of the worlds largest brands, confirmed this week it is exploring a possible sale of the business.
New laws and development funds are creating a new era of growth and opportunity in Saudi Arabia.
The Fornetti Group is working to become a leader in the franchise market of frozen bakery products not only in Hungary but also in Europe.
A franchise package, otherwise known as a franchise license is at the heart of every franchise system. It contains the franchisors complete business concept from A to Z.
If you are thinking about purchasing a franchise or franchising your own company, these books are a great place to start.
- We are one of the largest franchised food companies in Turkey today - says Chairman of Bursa Kebab House, Cem Helvacı.
NASA Strong is a fitness and health franchise which helps deal with back problems and combats osteoporosis.